8.05.2011

Hawaii

We had an awesome opportunity to go on vacation with my parents to the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii. Logan was suppose to go fishing in Alaska with my dad this summer, so we had been saving for that trip and took some time off work, but they waited too long to buy plane tickets and it just became too expensive. Our original plan was to go to San Diego instead but we thought it would be fun to check out Hawaii instead. We found such a good deal on the flights then found an amazing beach house in the city of Laie for an incredible price and it just worked out that Hawaii would be less expensive than San Diego, so we made a last minute decision to fly to Hawaii. Laie is such a pretty, country city. I always thought i'd want to stay in Waikiki, but after trying to drive around Honolulu, I was grateful that we were on the other side of the island. It was so relaxing and beautiful. It was nice to get away from all the hustle and bustle.

This is the view from our window at our beach house. The sunrises and sunsets were so beautiful and it was so awesome to go swimming every morning.

 The second day we were there, we headed into Pearl City to check out Pearl Harbor. I had been before but I didn't remember much. Logan has never been anywhere cool before, I liked seeing him get excited about all this stuff.
 This picture is taken on the USS ARIZONA memorial. Logie was dying to jump out of my arms into the water, it was kind of stressful seeing him want to be in the water. I made sure to hold onto him so tight.
 I couldnt keep Logan and LJ out of the water!! They had so much fun!! Logan has only been to the beach one other time in his life and he boogie boarded his heart out. His poor belly had a rash on it from rubbing on the board so much. Im so glad he had fun.
 LJ was obsessed with the water. It was basically the only way we could calm him down, taking him to the beach. He hated the sand but loved splashing and kicking his legs.
 On Wednesday we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Logan wore his cute Hawaiian outfit we got him and was so good all day. Grandpa helped out a lot. Its so fun to watch his relationship with grandpa. LJ just adores his grandpa.

 At the PCC they celebrate all the different islands and at this island, FIGI, they taught the men and women how to dance and Logan was brave enough to get up and dance in front of everyone.
 The people of Samoa can climb palm trees like its nobodys business. This guy climbed this tree so fast, I'm lucky I got a picture! It was so cool!
 One of the days we went to a small aquarium on Waikiki. This fish was freaking HUGE!! It could have eaten Logan's head, no problem.
 The views on this island were just gorgeous. It was hard not to take pictures of everything!

 LJ didnt want to be held. He thinks hes so big.
 Grandma and Grandpa helping LJ walk on the beach. He loved when the waves would come up and splash his feet.
 Cutest little baby ever!
 My dad went to high school in Hawaii. Awesome huh? He took us to his old high school and we walked around the campus. He was so excited to see that the place only his friends were allowed to sit, was still there and all the new additions to the school. Ive grown up hearing stories about the things he did in high school so it was really neat to picture his adventures.
 This is a picture of us at the Pali Highway Lookout. This was so freaking cool. There is a whole story behind this drop off, look it up. Its pretty neat. I dont wanna try to explain it and get it wrong. :)
 These trees were all over the place and I was soooooo obessed with them! The tree actually grows up once and then the roots grown down from the top. They look so cool.
 The plane ride home was miserable. We were lucky that no one was in between us, so we had room for LJ to play but once we got home I found out LJ had an ear infection so he didnt sleep the whole plane ride. It was so hard to hear him whine for 6 hours. My poor little man.
This trip was so much fun!! I can't wait to go back and do it all again!! I hope the rest of the family can come too!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty jealous of your fun trip!! I could be a total bum and live in Hawaii!!

    ps you forgot an A in your title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassi, I love your beautiful blog. What an amazing unforgettable trip. You look so so happy. That sweet bay boy is growing up. He is incredibly handsome! Miss seeing your smiley face.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete