I always knew that when my daddy died, it would be really hard. I knew I'd miss him and I knew I'd cry but I didn't know how much. I didn't know that going to church would remind me of him. I didn't know that I couldn't go into his office or bedroom without wanting to cry. I didn't know that I'd be thinking of him every time my son would learn something new. I didn't know that my heart would ache when I heard a beautiful song. I didn't know that every day I'd wait to hear his voice when the door opened. I guess I didn't realize until now that I'd only see his face in pictures. I miss him so much. I miss the way he spoke. I miss his huge smile. I miss the love in eyes. I miss being able to call him whenever I wanted. I miss his funny texts. I miss his happy personality in our home. I miss the way he hugged me. I'll forever cherish our early morning talks. Ill cherish the fathers blessings he gave me. I'll cherish everything he ever gave me. Ill remind my son of their moments together. When grandpa taught him to patty cake and roll it up. (Hey dad, he can mark it with a B now.) I'll tell him about our trip to Hawaii and how grandpa would take him into the ocean to play in the waves. I'll tell him how grandpa offered me a billion dollars (in enstallments) to keep him. I'll tell him how grandpa had faith in our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That grandpa had a testimony that Christ lives and that he is our savior. I'll tell him that grandpa knew without a doubt that President Monson was a true prophet. Grandpa knew that our church was true. He knew that our father in heaven loves us and that's why he sent Joseph Smith to restore the gospel. So our family could be together again. So that I could see my daddy again. I'll tell him I know all those same things. Yes, when my daddy died, I knew it would be hard. But I know I'll see him again. I may not see him now, but I know he's here. I'm going to make him proud because I am so proud of him. I miss you daddy. I love you.
i miss your dad too :( He was was/is an amazing man. I am so grateful I have known him for half my life..
ReplyDeletelove you kassi!!! i believe tears are always ok, so if you ever need someone to cry with you, let me know. (: little lj will definitely know of your dad's goodness through you! you're amazing.
ReplyDeleteI'm always thinking of you!! Love you lots!!
ReplyDeleteSis, I miss daddy so much too. It is hard to see any pictures or read something about him and not start sobbing. I am so sad sometimes, I don't know if it will ever go away.
ReplyDelete