I'm pretty ready to have this baby. I'm stocked on diapers and wipes and outfits. I think I have mostly everything I need. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and getting an ultrasound. I'm excited to see what my baby is measuring at. I know he's
big. I keep praying that by some miracle the doctor will strip my membranes and I'll go into labor tomorrow night. I'm
not scared to deliver him, for some reason I'm really calm and don't think it'll be that bad... but I'll tell you how I really feel during labor. I like to think I have a high pain tolerance, so I'm not positive if Ive been having contractions, there have been pains but my mom said they last like 30 seconds to a minute and I only feel pain for like 10 seconds, so unless I'm not noticing the other 20 seconds I don't know what I'm feeling. I think I'm most nervous for the whole feeding thing.... Ive heard so many awful things and so many wonderful things. I don't know how I'm suppose to feel about formula, my mom said its fine cause the milk wont come in for a few days but Ive had people tell me it makes it harder to breast feed because then my little man wont want to nurse once he realizes how much easier a bottle is, so i don't know what to do... any thoughts? Also I'm reading baby wise...has anyone read it and followed it? what are your thoughts on that...
my thoughts are too long.... maybe I'll send you a message instead. You are going to be such a great mother though!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the nursing/formula deal. It may feel frustrating that your baby isnt getting much food at first BUT what they get from nursing is all that they need. Some people like it and some cant do it. Some can and dont like it. So everyone is different.as for the babywise thing. I know what its about and have read a good part of it and I have some opinions on it but they are based on my children who digestive issues when they are born until about 6 months. It doesn't work for me. But I know it can work. Just hope you dont HAVE to nurse and avoid eating weird things like eggs and beef. ;o) Good luck Kassi cant wait to see this little man!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have always been a firm believer on not feeding my kids formula if i don't have to, and i waited to give them bottles of breast milk until they were at least 2 months old, but they never liked bottles, idk if i waited too long or what. Don't stress yourself girl you'll know what you can handle when you get there, if you are good with pain you'll do fine. I'm SUPER excited to meet yer little turd!!
ReplyDeleteKas I'm so sorry I missed your shower, but I would love to bring your gift by before your little man gets here! Baby wise is good if you can let your babe cry it out, but I couldn't handle it especially when they are little I've heard it works for some people though! Either way your motherly instincts will kick in and you'll know what's best! Good luck :)
ReplyDeletei agree with Brianna.. your motherly instincts will kick in... contrary to what people say you will always do the best you can do for your baby boy! Just love your baby! Formula/breastmilk... it keeps our babies alive so if breastfeeding doesn't work than don't beat yourself up... Be open minded about it :) There is nothing wrong with supplementing with Formula. Especially if your milk is a little delayed! You don't want a scrawny baby :) Make sure you work with a lactation specialist they help you sooooo much!! And they will encourage formula esp. if your baby's weight is dropping. Oh and if you have a pump use it!!! It will help stimulate and get your milk moving... you can freeze the milkso when you need a break others can feed him! Good luck
ReplyDeleteoh and don't let your newborn cry... Babies aren't trying to "minipulate" you... they are innocent and extremely immature... they only cry when they really need something~ xoxo
Kassi - this is Kate :) The colostrum you produce before your milk comes in is PLENTY for a newborn. There stomachs are the size of a large marble. Don't formula feed till you have nipple attachment established :D You know I have a background in this - dunno why you never ask me :D
ReplyDeletep.s. I've heard bad things about babywise- but that's a personal decision. Also - have you taken a breastfeeding class? The hospital teaches a GREAT one!
ReplyDeleteHey Kassi,
ReplyDeleteSo the whole BF thing, I had a really hard time with. Baby's have an awesome habit of eating so great while you have nurses and help there and not so good after they leave. I spent a lot of time crying and crying trying to feed Taycee. We kept freaking out that she wasn't getting enough cause she wasn't doing well. It would take so long to get her to feed for the full 20 minutes that by the time she was done it was about time to start again. I just kept pushing cause I knew thats what was best and was so against formula. I got help from anyone I could and eventually we got it. Its so easy now. So just don't give up!
One thing that helped me a lot is I pumped and gave her BM bottles at night for the first few weeks. Since we had such a hard time it was the only way I could get sleep at night. She didn't have any nipple confusion.
I know you have a lot of support and you are going to be such an awesome mom!