11.22.2010

well...

I told myself that November 19th would be a good day for my baby to be born. I talked to my baby about it and I thought we had both agreed that 2 weeks early isnt that early and that then I wouldnt have the chance to be in the hospital for Thanksgiving. And I figured since he's been measuring about a week and half big this whole pregnancy, I wasn't asking a lot. I guess he wasnt listening because its November 22nd and I'm still pretty pregnant.
November 18th I went for my weekly check. The night before I was so nervous that Dr. H was going to tell me to stick it out and wait another week before we did anything. I cried and cried on the couch to Logan about how truly terrified I am. All my fears that I've been holding in were laid out for him to know. It felt good to tell him that I'm really scared. He ALWAYS knows exactly what to say to make me feel so much better. I am so grateful that he's there for me. I guess I forgot for a little while that this baby has a mommy and a daddy that are scared together. I have Logan and for that I am so blessed. He is so good with kids, they all love him and I am excited to see him with our own son.
Back to my Dr appointment... Well I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced and without me even asking Dr. H asked if I wanted my membranes stripped to help move things along and I was nodding my head YES before he could even finish the sentence. You see, my sister in law Jessica had her baby boy 2 weeks earlier and had her membranes stripped and went into labor that night, not to mention so did a couple of my other friends who had their babies recently, so my hopes were high that this little man would be coming soon. When all was said and done, I was excited and got home and walked around the block a couple times, packed my hospital bag, and got ready to go, "just in case".
November 19th
Nothing happened. It came and went.
November 20thI had 2 baby showers that day and it was my nephew Dakota's 7th Birthday! I knew I didn't want to have my baby that day because I shared a birthday my whole life with my aunt and although I love her, I would have liked to have my own day. Well, the showers were fun and Dakota is the cutest, coolest, sweetest little boy. I remember when he was born and I can't believe my big sister has a 7 year old! Anyways, at my friend Kristina's baby shower, my friend Amber and Heather were there and Amber told me about this thing called "Reflexology" at a salon nearby called Happy Feet. She said that all her friends who have done it in their last few weeks of pregnancy went into labor within 24 hours. So I asked Logan if it was okay if I went and of course he said yes, he wants this baby out as much as I do, so I went for one hour, right before Dakotas bday party. Needless to say, it felt amazing. They rubbed my neck, shoulders, head, face, arms, hands, feet, legs, and back with these yummy oils. I was fully clothed too so it wasnt uncomfortable. I came out feeling really refreshed and anticipated getting labor started. So when I got home from my nephews party, Logan and I put the carseat in the car and made sure it was fitted right so "just in case" it happened that night... well, 24 hours passed and... nothing.
November 21You see, I love my ward. Ive been there since I was 2 and I know basically everyone. They are all super wonderful. But yesterday I was not happy. My back was hurting and my belly felt huge. I knew every single woman was going to tell me how to get my baby out or ask me why I hadnt gotten him out yet or tell me how big I was, which I HATE hearing, because I know my belly looks like there are twins inside but can I just say that every sunday, Vicki S. tells me how CUTE I am, whether its from a few rows ahead of me and she just mouths it to me or sitting near me in relief society and that makes me feel so much better. Thank you Vicki.

I have tried every natural thing to get this baby out, except caster oil which i refuse to do, and nothing is working. I guess i'll just have to be patient, its just hard when I know my baby gains about a pound a week and according to my last ultrasound, that makes him just about 9 pounds right now. My little BIG bundle of joy will hopefully be here soon.

Well this post has been entirely too long and full of way too much negativity and I'm sorry if you read all of this. I'm really excited to have this baby. He will be worth all the pain and long days and restless nights and I know there is only more of that to come but atleast he will be here. Soon enough he will be here. I guess I just need to be patient.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the last little bit of alone time with your husband while you can! He will be here before you know it and the time with Logan will be far and few! Hope everything goes smooth for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kassi. hang in there! i can't wait to meet your little guy! this was such a cute post, i got watery in some parts! (: isn't vicki the best?! ever?! love her so much! and she's right, you are SO cute!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete