10.07.2009

Our Story

Logan and I were married September 19, 2009 in the Mesa, Arizona Temple. This is our story...
We met in August 2006 through a mutual friend. She told us that we would get along really well and so we started emailing one another. The first night we actually met in person, I (kassi) spent the night at Logan's ex girlfriends house and we decided it would be fun to toilet paper Logan's house. Of course its necessary to drive by and scope out property to better evaluate how much toilet paper will need to be purchased. To my suprise, Logan was outside already...hmm... Anyways, he invited us inside and he was quiet the whole time so I assumed he didnt like me and we left. His ex was convinced that Logan liked me so to ease her mind I decided to text him to find out the truth. To my suprise he told me I was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
Shortly after we fell in love and dated for 6 months before he was called to serve a mission in Los Angeles, California. Logan left February 28, 2007 (the day after my birthday) After 2 years of writing and waiting, Logan came home in March of 2009 and we picked up right where we left off and were engaged the following May.
The Proposal
The last weekend of May 2009, Logan and I took a trip to California to visit the mission and a few of his favorite members. Most of the trip was spent site seeing and shopping but the last day was spent in Santa Monica by the pier. After a long, overcast day at the beach, we headed to the pier. We rode the roller coaster and watched people, but last of all, we took a ride on the ferris wheel. Once stopped at the top, Logan got down on one knee and asked me the question I had been waiting to hear since the minute he returned from his mission. Of course I said YES and we set the date for September 19,2009.
We have been married for 3 weeks and are loving every minute of it! We hope you continue to check our blog for stories of our life together!

3 comments:

  1. That's a cute story. Congrats on the marriage! Ben Gibbard and Zooey Deschanel were married the same day.

    BTW. I don't know you, I was just blog hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay your back in the blogging world! Crazy how time flies I cant believe you've been married 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were married on the 18th of September. almost twinners!

    ReplyDelete