12.18.2009

kids say the darndest things...

These are my sister, Katrina's kids. This is a post about one of them in particular. Dakota. He is the one on the far left. He is 5. He has always been super smart. He was able to read just about anything at age 3 and is totally brilliant. (somethings my kids will probably lack) Anyways, he is what I would describe as the perfect child. Katrina has done a wonderful job raising all her kids. She learned from the best(our mom).

Every other sunday, the whole family is invited to my mom's house for dinner. This past sunday we were all sitting around the table eating when Dakota started rhyming words. Super cute. Anyways, he started rhyming "duck" and this is how it went...
"duck."
"buck."
"f***."
Oh my goodness you should have seen the look on everyones faces!! Even my sweet darling nephew Dakota knew he said something bad. For about a minute, nobody said anything. I was laughing so hard that it was contagious and Katrina caught it and laughed even harder than me. Poor Dakota. He is such a sweetie. After we calmed down, she looked and him and said, "honey, that is a very bad word, and we dont say it" he said sorry and it was done.
I think ive thought about this every day this week and chuckled to myself. I cant wait to have my own kids...one day...

I love my nephews and neices so much. Theyre the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment